25 May 2017

Dog Friendly Dining


Hi Guys,
So todays post is about my favourite pub, I love it so much I felt the need to share it with you all!     Tom O'the Wood Country Pub and Restaurant is in Rowington (heres the exact location to be precise: Finwood Road, Rowington, Warwickshire, CV35 7DH). Me and my partner stubbled across this place by fluke just over a year ago, we were walking down the canal and wanted some good grub in our bellies and to our surprise we found this place still open and serving food after 9pm! So we went in and we've been hooked ever since. The first thing I need to tell you is that this pub is dog friendly, yep you read that right ITS DOG FRIENDLY! For someone like me who prioritises their dog over anyone and everything I was overjoyed to find I could have my dinner with my beautiful doggie sat by my side. 

Tom O'the Wood is dog friendly and even has cute little treats for the dogs that go in, there are three sections of this pub, there is the restaurant where dogs cannot go and then theres the conservatory restaurant where the dogs are allowed to roam, and a bar and lounge area in-between connecting the two areas- I personally prefer the conservatory settings as you can look out onto the gardens and canal.
The owners dog also makes a frequent appearance which I love, his name is Boris and he's a beautiful pooch, when I first took Molly in I was a bit apprehensive seeing other dogs in there not knowing how Molly would react but the owner lead Molly in to meet Boris and made sure Molly felt comfortable, she even went into the kitchen and brought out some steak for her (spoilt dog!). 

Now I don't just love this place because I can take my dog with me ( although that is a major winning point for me) I also love the food there, whether its a Thursday night pie, Fridays Fish and Chips or just a cheeky pudding on a weekend evening I love it all. I have quite literally tried almost all of the menu and I have never complained, (the daily homemade soup is amazing!). 
Another great factor about this place is that all of the food is sourced from local suppliers and farms and everything is homemade - and we all know you can't beat home made food. 

This place is great all year round too, whether your going in the winter for a nice cup of tea sat on the couch or going in the Summer and sitting in the garden with a beer and Tom O'the Wood chicken in a basket (also one of my favourites) it never seems to fail me. This place is always thriving too and being a dog owner I always meet other dog owners or people who want to start conversation by talking about Molly - it just brings a great friendly atmosphere.  They also have live music nights, so its a great place to go for night out and let your hair down. 

The location of this pub is also great, me and my partner love to walk the canals with Molly and go into the countryside now and then ( Sheldon doesn't really have too much greenery!) and its perfect to be able to go for a long walk and come back to a nice cold drink watching the sun set and relaxing.  

I've recommend this place to countless friends and family and me and my partner come here all the time; birthdays, valentines day, dates nights - you name it and we're there. I really can't express how much I love this place and I just needed to share it with you all! 
Here are a few photos from my last visit and let me tell you that Oreo Creme Brûlée went down very nicely :) Let me know if you pop up and take a visit, I'd love to know what you think. 
  
 

  
   
     




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© .. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig